This is me hoping everyone had a great day and has at least one reason to be thankful. I’m thankful for the roof over my head and food on the table. Also, friends and family that I love and get to share life with.
I had a not-so-tradition lunch/dinner with a few friends and family. Gizzard coconut rice, spicy grilled chicken, baked spicy garlic potatoes, spicy gizzards & beef, coleslaw and cornbread mini-muffins. It was worth the hours spent in the kitchen.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
• Cook rice. See here (cook a day before and freeze for better results)
• In a wok or pan, heat up sesame oil over medium heat, sauté onion, chicken, carrots and peas until soft.
• In the same pan, scramble eggs then mix with the vegetables and chicken.
• Add rice, soy sauce, stir and fry until evenly combined and heated.
• Garnish with scallions.
• Spray pan with cooking spray. Season steak with salt and pepper, cook till tender. Remove from pan and slice.
• In the same pan, add sweet peppers, jalapeño peppers and onion, season with what’s left of the salt and pepper. Cook till soft.
• Heat up tortilla in a preheated pan for 30seconds on each side or in the microwave for 30seconds.
• Place cooked vegetables, steak slices and cheddar cheese in the center of each tortilla and wrap. See video below for wrapping instructions.
Serve wrap warm.
**Don’t be boxed in by a recipe, spice your food to taste. Make your meal yours**