• 2 cups shredded beef
• 1 medium white onion
• 2-3 chopped scallions
• Bell peppers (red and green) – thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
• 1 teaspoon curry
• 1/2 teaspoon thyme
• 2 cooking cubes
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1-2 cups water
• Cook shredded beef with water, salt, pepper, thyme, 1 cooking cube
• In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and scallions until soft.
• Add cooked beef, beef stock and the rest of the seasoning.
• Stir cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water until completely dissolved. Add mixture to pan. Cook for 5-7mins
• Add bell peppers. Let cook for another 5 mins.
• Serve with white rice. See BASICS: HOW TO COOK WHITE RICE
**Don’t be boxed in by a recipe, spice your food to taste. Make your meal yours**
We all want to have a tasty meal at home that’s easy to prepare, right? Well, here’s one.
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 500g lean ground beef
- 1 bottle RAGU original pasta sauce
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 KNORR beef stock cube
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt, curry, dried parsley, black pepper, chilli powder.
- In a small pot, let pasta sauce simmer over low heat for 20-25mins.
- In a pan, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent then add the ground beef to brown over medium heat.
- Add the browned beef and seasoning to the pasta sauce and cook over low heat for another 20-30 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Cook your choice of plain pasta. Refer to How To Cook Plain Pasta
- Serve hot.
**Don’t be boxed in by a recipe, season your food to taste. Make your meal yours**