I love cute treats! If you’re anything like me then you want treats that don’t take you forever to make so you can have them in your mouth as soon as possible.
Today, I made cornbread mini-muffins because they are my new obsession. It takes 10 minutes to bake 12 muffins. That’s definitely every foodie’s dream. Of course, the basket was empty in no time because my sister couldn’t get enough. Baking another batch right now!
Serving size: 48
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 10-15 minutes
3/4 cup yellow cornflour
1+1/4 cups all-purpose flour (levelled-off)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2+1/2 tablespoons honey
3/4 cup milk (whichever you prefer)
1 stick unsalted butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (cornflour, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt).
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together then whisk in the honey and milk.
- Melt and cool the butter.
- Add, the egg mixture and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Don’t over mix the batter.
- Line mini-muffin pans with cooking spray or oil then scoop in the batter evenly. (I like to just fill it only half way because it will rise in the oven.
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden-brown.
- Cool the muffins down.
TIP: They taste better when served warm.
I hope you love them as much as I do!
**Don’t be boxed in by a recipe, spice your food to taste. Make your meal yours**