- 2 fingers ripe plantain
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons palm oil
- 2 bulbs fresh tomatoes
- 1 scotch bonnet
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Seasoned salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 seasoning cube
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Season plantain to taste with salt and pepper then place in the oven. Allow about 10-15 minutes to brown on each side.
- Blend tomatoes, scotch bonnet, bell pepper, and 1/2 onion.
- Thinly slice the other half of the onion.
- In a small pan, heat palm oil over medium-high heat then sauté sliced onion until soft. Add blended ingredients and let cook for 5-7 minutes then add seasoning cube, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Let simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
Your meal is ready to be served.
**Don’t be boxed in by a recipe, spice your food to taste. Make your meal yours**