- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size)
- 2-3 eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- white vinegar/ apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup each)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, make sweet and sour mixture buy combining white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic powder and soy sauce.
- Using separate bowls for the corn starch and eggs, coat chicken by dipping in each.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat and brown the coated chicken breasts.
- Place browned chicken breasts in a baking dish, pour sweet and sour mixture over them.
- Place in the oven to bake for 1 hour. Be sure to stir every 15-20mins.
Your baked sweet and sour chicken is ready to be served immediately.
**Don’t be boxed in by a recipe, spice your food to taste. Make your meal yours**