- 1 cup thai jasmine rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (finely minced or powder)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse rice under running cold water until it runs clear. Drain.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic and ginger until softened. Add coconut milk and water then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in rice, cover and let simmer for 20-25mins until tender and liquid free.
- Remove pan from heat and let sit for about 5mins then stir in salt with a fork.
Your coconut rice is ready to be served with any side of your choice. See HONEY-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN.
**Don’t be boxed in by a recipe, spice your food to taste. Make your meal yours**