For the purpose of this post, the rice will be cooked on a stove.
- 1 cup of rice
- 4 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp of salt
PART A: Parboil the rice
- In a bowl, wash and rinse out the rice several times to remove excess starch on the surface then drain in a colander.
- In a medium sized pot, add the rice to 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over medium to high heat.
- Before it’s fully cooked, drain in colander.
(N/B: certain meals would require only these steps)
PART B: Completely boil the rice
- Wash, rinse and drain the rice out in a colander again.
- In the same pot, add the parboiled rice to the remaining 2 cups of water and salt. Boil until rice is properly cooked. Be careful not to overcook the rice.
- Drain out excess water, if any.
Your white rice is fully cooked and ready to be served with any side of your choice.
Pingback: Shredded Beef Sauce. | Beneath My Perfect
Pingback: Easy Chinese Chicken Fried Rice. | Beneath My Perfect